Sunday, July 1, 2012

Prayer for Canada

Oh Canada,
My home and native land.
I pray that you would be strong, righteous and full of prosperity.
For as Israel is called to be a blessed nation,
You too have a calling that is a key for the nations.
Make your name righteous,
Hold onto the promises of God.
Be strong in belief,
Be an anchor for the oppressed.
Do not waiver from your roots,
Remember where you have come from,
Because that is only by God's grace.
Many see you rising up and taking the calling of God in your arms.
Take comfort in knowing you are a nation chosen by God.
God keep you glorious and free.

1 comment:

  1. Really enjoyed reading this version of "Oh Canada". I am so thankful that we still include the word "God" in our national anthem (God keep our Land, glorious and free). We as believers should alway's recognize the liberties that have been given to us by great leaders of the past. Here is a quote from John Diefenbaker - The 13th Prime Minister of Canada, serving from June 21, 1957, to April 22, 1963.

    I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind.
    John Diefenbaker (From the Canadian Bill of Rights, July 1, 1960)

    Every Sunday and throughout the week that I can freely worship our God, the Great Creator, I am thankful to be Canadian.
    Many Rich Blessings,
    Thankyou,
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete