Monday, July 16, 2012

The Lost Sheep

      A man walking along a beach 
was overwhelmed by the sight 
of hundreds of stranded starfish.

      More surprised by the sight 
of a young woman tossing the starfish 
back into the water one by one, 
he asked,
 "Why do you bother when you can't save them all? 
What difference does a few make?"

      Holding out the starfish in her hand she replied, 
"It makes a difference to this one."

-Quoted from a writing that moved me.

"And He spoke this parable unto them, saying, what man having a hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not go after that which is lost, and layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing and calleth together his neighbours, saying, rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep." 
Luke 15:4-6.


Yes, you, me and His little lambs.

No comments:

Post a Comment