Thursday, May 9, 2013

Touching Jesus


        Eleanor Roosevelt wrote: You must do the thing which you think you cannot do.

       In Matthew Chapter 9 verse 21, it tells us of a lady who had an issue of blood for twelve years. You and I may say that is long. This woman said, “If I may but touch Jesus’ garment I shall be whole.
        I like that – "be made whole". She said that from her heart of faith. Now to only touch Him.
        Like Eleanor Roosevelt said, you must do it; and she did.
        What happened is Jesus turned to her and said,
        “Daughter, be of good comfort; thy faith hath made thee whole."
         And the woman was made whole from that hour.
        Here we find Jesus calling her “daughter”, and then to be of good comfort.
        I can hardly imagine she must have been going through. And then, yes, being called a daughter, putting her into the family of God.
        Giving this daughter comfort instead of pain and sorrow; a hope and a future.
        Jesus, God’s Son, is waiting for you and I to say, “If only I could touch Him”.
       "Let me touch him", – This should be our cry. I’m reaching out to Him. Are you?
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment