Sunday, March 10, 2013

Leave your Water Pot and GO!

 
        In the New Testament John chapter four verse seven to thirty we read of an exciting conversation between Jesus and a Samaritan woman. 
 
        Jesus had just come to a well, actually Jacob’s well. Well bring tired, Jesus sat down. When this Samaritan woman came by to draw water, Jesus said to her,
“Give me a drink”. 
 
     The conversation continues and Jesus says to her,
 
“Whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him
shall never thirst;
but the water that I shall give to him shall be in him a well of water
springing up into everlasting life.”
 
       In verse fifteen the Samaritan woman said, “Give me this water that I thirst not, neither come here to draw water.” 
    
     Then the Samaritan woman found out this was the prophet, the Messiah, for he had told her she had five husbands and the one she now had was not her husband. Verse twenty-six to twenty-eight and twenty-nine:
 
Jesus said to her,
“’I that speak unto thee am he." 
The woman left her water pot and went into the city and said to the men, ‘Come see a man which hath told me all things that ever I did; is this not the Christ?’” 
 
My meditation is this; the Sea of Galilee flows into the Jordan River to the Dead Sea. The Dead Sea has NO outlet  - the water becomes polluted (dirty and filthy). The Samaritan woman left her water pot and began to witness to the men of the city. This witnessing became the woman of Samaritan’s outlet. The outlet of her telling others about the Messiah became her well of water springing up unto everlasting life. 
 
In verse thirty-nine it says,
“And many of the Samaritans believed on him,
 for the saying of the woman, which testified,
‘He told me all that ever I did.’”  
 
Let’s all leave whatever is hindering us from witnessing about our Lord and Savior and like the woman of Samaria go out and witness. Leave our water pots and go!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment