Saturday, March 24, 2012

Turned on!

One day as I awoke, I went to make my morning tea. I had my cup and tea bag ready when I noticed I hadn't turned the kettle on. Sure, the kettle wa plugged in but... not turned on.
In a sense that is what I am doing when I go about the day reading my bible but not claiming a particular promise from God's word. As I claim these versus of Scripture as a believer in Christ Jesus, like the kettle, we are already plugged in.
By claiming the promises in the scripture we are like flicking the "ON" switch on the kettle. It now allows the power to heat the water. In the same way as energizing God's promise to work in our lives.

Mathew 7:7 "Ask and it shall be given; seek, and ye shall kind; knock, and it shall be opened unto you."
Help me Lord to be not only plugged in but to be turned on;
What a difference even one person can make when you flick the siwtch to God's promises. :)

Louise Doerksen

No comments:

Post a Comment